When using a site like Propertyimatch to quickly buy, rent, sell, or let property, there are certain precautions you should take in order to ensure everyone's safety. And there are also a few helpful tips that you can implement to make the entire real estate process you're about to go through a very smooth one that will end with everyone involved being satisfied with the results.
Whether you're buying, selling, renting, or letting in London or elsewhere in the UK, the property tips and safety tips that we've provided are meant to guide you in making the best decisions for everyone involved. This will reduce the risk of confusion and conflict and allow buyers and sellers to come together to make a real estate deal without the need for a real estate agent.
The safety tips on this page apply to those who are looking to move into a property and those who are seeking buyers or tenants. Following these basic tips will ensure that everyone will remain safe, not only physically but also financially. If you are a seller, you want to be certain you know how to deal with buyers. And, in the same way, if you are looking for a property, you should know how to evaluate a seller and his or her property to ensure you are getting a great deal.
- Check the registered owners of the property – You can ask for proof of ownership of the property such as, Land registry document, mortgage statement or a completion letter from the solicitor. Photo id is also important so that you can see who they say they are. If they do not have the relevant documents they probably do not have the right to rent or sell the property. If you are still unsure about the landlord or vendor acting as the registered owner you can do your own check on the “Land registry website”. The site will email you the information instantly for a fee of £3. Please visit our FAQ page for the link.
- Always meet the clients before handing over money.
- Always meet in public places.
- Have someone with you when meeting the client or let someone know where you are going and who you are meeting.
- Avoid doing business with overseas clients unless you are 100% sure they are genuine and you have the relevant information. Many scammers claim they are overseas to avoid meeting face to face. If you are unsure do not go ahead with the deal, it’s not worth the risk.
- Always meet the clients face to face if possible.
- Never give over personal & financial information unless you are going ahead with the property and you are satisfied that the property and client are genuine.
- Avoid using suspicious website that at obtain personal and financial information for referencing. We recommend using the services of “propertyimatch referencing” as a neutral, safe and peace of mind service.
- Use your gut instinct and common sense. Often they are the best way to solve or questions issues that may arise.