Top Property Viewing Tips
At Property iMatch we know how stressful and time consuming find a rental property that you 100% love can be. We want to help you make this process a lot easier and hassle-free, and hopefully make you renting experience a pleasurable one that you can be excited about rather than stressed about. That’s why we’ve put together our top tips for those all-important property viewings to help the whole process go a bit smoother!
1. Drive by: first impressions are everything after all! Even before viewing a property, drive by and have a look at the exterior and surrounding area. This will give you an idea of the property before even seeing inside. You might know if a property is or is not for you just by driving by!
2. Be prepared: Make a list of all the things that are important to you. When you’re at a viewing you can see how many items off the list the property ticks off. Once you’re in a viewing it’s easy for things to slip your mind, so having them written down will make sure you ask all the questions you want answers to.
3. Don’t go alone: try to attend viewings with a friend or your partner, as not only will this make you safer, it is also great for bouncing ideas off one another.
4. Check the bills: ask the current tenants if you can see their previous bills so you know what to expect when it comes to utilities and council tax.
5. What’s included: find out exactly what is included in your rent and with the property. Your rent may be inclusive of all bills or maybe just water rates. What is included in your rent varies from landlord to landlord. It is more common for rent to be exclusive of bills so make sure you know exactly what you’re getting for the asking price. Also check which items in the property will be staying there if you move in.
6. Be friendly: building a friendly rapport with the landlord showing you around could make a huge difference when it comes to selecting a tenant for the property. If several people are after the same property it is down to the landlord to select one. Being friendly at the viewing can you help you to be more memorable and therefore increase your chances.
At Property iMatch finding a rental property couldn’t be easier. Property iMatch is an online letting agent like no other – and our main aim is to make the process of finding a rental property perfect for you as easy and hassle-free as possible. Our online letting agent service will streamline the process for you and make you huge savings compared to some high street agents. Our ‘find a property’ search tool will narrow down our properties showing you only properties that meet your exact criteria, saving you time searching through listings that aren’t tailored to you.
For a limited time only, Property iMatch is offering a free trial of all our services. Sign up for a free trial today and find out how easy finding your dream property can be!