Top Questions to ask when viewing a Student Property
Finding a student property perfect for all your requirements can be challenging, that’s why we’ve put together our top questions to ask at a viewing of a student property. This list should help you to make sure you know everything you need to know before making an important decision.
1. How much is the rent? This is the first and most important question you should be asking at all viewings. Even if you have seen the rent advertised as a certain price online it is always best to confirm this at the viewing in case any changes have been made. Decide whether or not you think the property is good value for money based on the asking price.
2. What is included in the rent? For example, are bills included in the rent, and if so which bills? It may be some, it may be all or it may be none. Make sure you find out exactly what is included so you can budget for any extra bills you may be responsible for.
3. Can you see a copy of the contract you’ll have to sign? Before agreeing to anything, ask to see a copy of the contract you will have to sign should you choose the property. Is it easy to understand and quite straightforward? Are the consequences of you or the landlord breaking the terms in contract clear? If you have sort of doubt its always best to get a second opinion before signing anything!
4. How long does it take to get to university? This one is very important as it will affect your daily life. Find out if the property is within walking distance to your university. If it is not, find out what your travel options are. Is there reliable public transport that you can use? If so is it affordable? It’s worth checking as a lot public transport service providers will offer some form of student discount.
5. What local amenities are available? Where are the closest shops, cash point and bus stop? Are there any local pubs, clubs or bars? Take a walk around the local area to see if you are happy with the amenities in the local area.
Taking a notepad with all the questions you wish to ask at viewing is also highly advisable. This way you can be sure you don’t forget anything important, and you can also jot down any information you want to refer back to!
At Property iMatch we are an online letting agent offering a Property Finder tool that can make your student accommodation search mission a lot easier and faster! Simply fill in our Property Finder search form and be presented with only the properties that meet your exact requirements. Alternatively, enter what exactly it is your looking for, and one of our registered landlords can contact you with properties match your criteria. What could be easier than your dream student property finding you!
For a limited time only, Property iMatch are offering a free trial to any new sign ups! Sign up today and find out how easy finding your dream student property can be with Property iMatch.